Based at California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly), San Luis Obispo, the Ethics + Emerging Sciences Group is a non-partisan organization focused on the risk, ethical, and social impact of emerging sciences and technologies.
19 August 2016: Patrick Lin will be speaking on the ethics of connected and autonomous systems at the European Intelligence and Security Informatics Conference (EISIC) in Uppsala, Sweden.
17-18 Oct 2016: We are organizing a two-day conference on cyberwarfare norms/ethics at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD.
The Latest News
26 September 2016
23 September 2016
2 September 2016
19 July 2016
11 July 2016
11 July 2016
9 July 2016
8 July 2016
• Report: Ethics of Hacking Back: 6 Arguments from Armed Conflict to Zombies, funded by the US National Science Foundation
• Report: Autonomous Vehicles, Ethics & Law: Toward an Overlapping Consensus, with New America Foundation
• Chapter: Why Ethics Matter for Autonomous Cars, in a Daimler and Benz Foundation book
• Report: Enhanced Warfighters: Ethics, Risk, and Policy, funded by The Greenwall Foundation
• Book: Robot Ethics: The Social and Ethical Implications of Robotics, with MIT Press
• Book: What Is Nanotechnology and Why Does It Matter?: From Science to Ethics, with Wiley-Blackwell
• Report: Ethics of Human Enhancement: 25 Questions & Answers, funded by the US National Science Foundation
• Report: Autonomous Military Robotics: Risk, Ethics, and Design, funded by the US Office of Naval Research
More publications here.
| Copyright © Ethics + Emerging Sciences Group
All trademarks, logos and images are the property of their respective owners.