Based at California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly), San Luis Obispo, the Ethics + Emerging Sciences Group is a non-partisan organization focused on the risk, ethical, and social impact of emerging sciences and technologies.
3 May 2018: We will be hosting a special lecture by Duncan Purves (Univ. of Florida) on the ethics of predictive/AI policing.
31 May-1 June 2018: We will be participating at the Forum on Trust and Ethics of Autonomous Vehicles at MIT Media Lab.
The Latest News
21 April 2018
9 April 2018
23 March 2018
22 March 2018
11 February 2018
22 January 2018
9 January 2018
21 November 2017
More news here.
• Book: Robot Ethics 2.0: From Autonomous Cars to Artificial Intelligence, with Oxford University Press
• Report: UAS (Unmanned Aerial Systems) Traffic Management: Recommendations for Seamless Integration, with WhiteFox Defense Technologies
• Report: Ethics of Hacking Back: 6 Arguments from Armed Conflict to Zombies, funded by the US National Science Foundation
• Report: Autonomous Vehicles, Ethics & Law: Toward an Overlapping Consensus, with New America Foundation
• Chapter: Why Ethics Matter for Autonomous Cars, in a Daimler and Benz Foundation book
• Report: Enhanced Warfighters: Ethics, Risk, and Policy, funded by The Greenwall Foundation
• Book: Robot Ethics: The Social and Ethical Implications of Robotics, with MIT Press
• Book: What Is Nanotechnology and Why Does It Matter?: From Science to Ethics, with Wiley-Blackwell
• Report: Ethics of Human Enhancement: 25 Questions & Answers, funded by the US National Science Foundation
• Report: Autonomous Military Robotics: Risk, Ethics, and Design, funded by the US Office of Naval Research
More publications here.
| Copyright © Ethics + Emerging Sciences Group
All trademarks, logos and images are the property of their respective owners. Web accessibility statement here.