Based at California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly), San Luis Obispo, the Ethics + Emerging Sciences Group is a non-partisan organization focused on the risk, ethical, and social impact of emerging sciences and technologies.
Events23 Mar 2017: We will be giving an ethics talk at Machine Intelligence in Autonomous Vehicles Summit in So. San Francisco.
24 Mar 2017: We will be participating in World Economic Forum's Fourth Industrial Revolution roundtable in the Presidio, San Francisco.
The Latest News
23 March 2017
2 February 2017
26 January 2017
3 January 2017
27 December 2016
18 December 2016
29 November 2016
16 November 2016
1 November 2016
• Report: Ethics of Hacking Back: 6 Arguments from Armed Conflict to Zombies, funded by the US National Science Foundation
• Report: Autonomous Vehicles, Ethics & Law: Toward an Overlapping Consensus, with New America Foundation
• Chapter: Why Ethics Matter for Autonomous Cars, in a Daimler and Benz Foundation book
• Report: Enhanced Warfighters: Ethics, Risk, and Policy, funded by The Greenwall Foundation
• Book: Robot Ethics: The Social and Ethical Implications of Robotics, with MIT Press
• Book: What Is Nanotechnology and Why Does It Matter?: From Science to Ethics, with Wiley-Blackwell
• Report: Ethics of Human Enhancement: 25 Questions & Answers, funded by the US National Science Foundation
• Report: Autonomous Military Robotics: Risk, Ethics, and Design, funded by the US Office of Naval Research
More publications here.
| Copyright © Ethics + Emerging Sciences Group
All trademarks, logos and images are the property of their respective owners.