Based at California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly), San Luis Obispo, the Ethics + Emerging Sciences Group is a non-partisan organization focused on the risk, ethical, and social impact of emerging sciences and technologies.
14 December 2019: We are participating in the AI for Social Good workshop at NeurIPS in Vancouver.
16-7 April 2020: We are co-organizing the AI & Future Arctic Conflicts workshop in Ottawa.
18-19 June 2020: We are organizing a workshop on AI/predictive policing at Santa Clara's Markkula Center for Applied Ethics.
The Latest News
20 Sept 2020
8 June 2020
18 May 2020
3 April 2020
31 March 2020
22 January 2020
13 November 2019
28 October 2019
14 October 2019
4 September 2019
More news here.
• Book: Robot Ethics 2.0: From Autonomous Cars to Artificial Intelligence, with Oxford University Press
• Report: UAS (Unmanned Aerial Systems) Traffic Management: Recommendations for Seamless Integration, with WhiteFox Defense Technologies
• Report: Ethics of Hacking Back: 6 Arguments from Armed Conflict to Zombies, funded by the US National Science Foundation
• Report: Autonomous Vehicles, Ethics & Law: Toward an Overlapping Consensus, with New America Foundation
• Chapter: Why Ethics Matter for Autonomous Cars, in a Daimler and Benz Foundation book
• Report: Enhanced Warfighters: Ethics, Risk, and Policy, funded by The Greenwall Foundation
• Book: Robot Ethics: The Social and Ethical Implications of Robotics, with MIT Press
• Book: What Is Nanotechnology and Why Does It Matter?: From Science to Ethics, with Wiley-Blackwell
• Report: Ethics of Human Enhancement: 25 Questions & Answers, funded by the US National Science Foundation
• Report: Autonomous Military Robotics: Risk, Ethics, and Design, funded by the US Office of Naval Research
More publications here.
| Copyright © Ethics + Emerging Sciences Group
All trademarks, logos and images are the property of their respective owners.